Tough and Versatile Color Foamed PVC Sheets
KOMATEX qualifies for
Learn More about LEED 2009 for New Construction & Major Renovations
ACM Architectural Testing of KOMATEX for hurricanes,
UV irradiance, vermin and structural construction
KOMATEX is a lightweight closed-cell, free foam, rigid PVC sheet. It is homogeneously colored with a matte finish that is tough and versatile enough for many of today's applications. KOMATEX is available in 12 standard vibrant PVC color sheets, plus black and white, and a variety of thicknesses and sizes to fit most uses. The matte surface is the perfect substrate for screen printing, painting, laminating, vinyl lettering and forming projects. KOMATEX can be sawed, drilled, bent and fabricated using ordinary (plastic) tools and fasteners. KOMATEX is manufactured to be used for interior and limited exterior applications. Please use caution when using Komatex in an exterior application, especially when dark paint, ink or vinyl is applied. This may cause the sheets to expand in heat and contract in cold. Test before any production run. Kommerling USA does not recommend long term term/permanent use of Komatex in exterior applications. Custom sizes and colored PVC sheets can be produced with a small minimum requirement in our Huntsville, Alabama facility.
KOMATEX is the preferred expanded PVC sheet for uses requiring the following characteristics:
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Moisture resistance, very low water absorption (will not rot)
- Low flammability (UL-94 VO flame rating), perfect for tradeshow and exhibit hall use
- Thermal and sound insulation (absorbs vibrations and oscillations)
- Approved for use where food is processed or sold
- Similar surface finish on both sides of the sheet
- Matte surface; ready to accept most inks, paints and vinyls
- Ease of fabrication with ordinary plastics hand tools
- Easily bonded to similar material and many other materials
KOMATEX expanded PVC sheet are not harmful to human health or the environment in their manufacture, application and disposal. KOMATEX is free of lead, cadmium and barium and complies with national and international regulations protecting health and the environment.
Click here to download our MSDS PVC data sheet.